You can upload and share your water point data by following these four simple steps:
- Learn about the WPDx standard and review the list of standardized hashtags.
- Insert WPDx hashtags into your headers and export your spreadsheet in CSV format.
- Create a user account.
- Upload your data!
A brief example
All you need to do is replace your headers with the appropriate WPDx hashtag from the list. If no WPDx hashtag matches a column of data, you can leave your own header.
There are only four requirements for water point data:
- Location of the Water Point: WPDx uses decimal values in WGS 1984. Most cell phones and many GPS devices provide location in this format automatically.
- Date of Inventory: WPDx uses YYYY-MM-DD formatting, so January 23 becomes "2015-01-23".
- The Source or Type of the Water Point: WPDx allows the type of water technology ("Ghana modified India Mark II handpump") and/or water source ("Spring") that is being described.
- Whether Any Water was Flowing: WPDx allows "Yes", "No", or "Unknown". Full details of the status can additionally be included using the "#status" hashtag.
Need help? Please contact us to send us your data and we will help you format it correctly and add it to the repository.